Wednesday, February 01, 2006

SHORT CHANGED

When I help a passer by

Through lending them a hand,

They go on, not looking back,

Leaving me to stand.

When I give to those in need

To ease their worldly plight,

They take my gift with no reply

As if it was their right.

When I do the Christian thing

And turn the other cheek,

My aggressors take it on

Themselves to make me weep.

When I try to follow Christ

By never telling lies,

The world decides to hit me hard

Right between the eyes.

Because these deeds I do for good

Result in dismal pains,

I should look at life and feel

As though I’ve been short changed.

Then I think of Christ my Lord

And look back on His life;

Because of all He suffered through

I cannot speak of strife.

He did just this much for me;

This much and so much more.

He cried for me, He died for me,

He wore my crown of thorns.

He bore my yoke to Calvary

Upon His fragile frame.

Then He hung upon my cross

Where He then took my blame.

Now I’m here in front of Him

Down upon my knees,

Saying, “Jesus, Lord, here I am,

Do with me what you please.”

No comments: